Choose Social Work
Do you want to create positive change in the world? Then social work might be the career for you.
Social workers support individuals, families, and communities of all backgrounds as they navigate life’s most difficult challenges. The values that ground our work and profession include service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence. We work in a variety of contexts not only to support individuals, but to also address the challenges of the social systems in which people live.
Ten reasons to choose Social Work:
- We are one of the fastest growing professions in the U.S. (BLS, 2015)
- A social work degree is incredibly flexible and includes curriculum in generalist practice skills, organizational leadership, policy evaluation, and research
- We are more than helpers; we are highly trained and experienced professionals
- We are the largest group of mental health providers in the U.S.
- IU Bloomington offers a 5-year pathway to a BSW and MSW
- BSW and MSW graduates are eligible for licensure, leading to better pay and employment
- Loan forgiveness is available after a certain number of years in the field
- Enjoy the benefits of being part of a small school on a large, world-class campus
- The IU School of Social Work is the #1 school of social work in Indiana, and the oldest school of social work in the country.
- You want a career that makes a difference in the world, is challenging, and will never be boring
Ready to change the world? Attend one of our Explore Social Work sessions and make an appointment with the social work advisor, Colleen Rose , to get started on your journey to an exciting and rewarding career in social work.
Sept 9th at 3:00pm BSW Information Session
Sept 14th at 6:00pm MSW Information Session
Join us to learn more about information regarding the MSW.
Oct 19th at 6:00pm MSW Information Session
Join us to learn more about information regarding graduate education, and the MSW application process.
Oct 21st at 3:00pm BSW Information Session
Dec 2nd at 3:00pm MSW Information Session
Explore Social Work (MSW)