Social Welfare Advocacy Minor
The 15 credit* Social Welfare Advocacy minor provides you with the knowledge and skills to engage in advocacy on social welfare issues. The minor demonstrates interest in social welfare and prepares students for advocacy roles.
- SWK-S 102 Understanding Diversity in a Pluralistic Society S&H (3 cr.)
- SWK-S 141 Introduction to Social Work (3 cr.)
- SWK-S 251 History and Analysis of Social Welfare Policy S&H (3 cr.) (Fall only)
- SWK-S 352 Social Welfare Policy and Practice (3 cr.) (Spring only)
- Any 3 credit SWK-S 300 Selected Topics in Social Work
*Students in the College of Arts and Sciences will be required to complete 18 credit hours for the minor supplementing the courses above with a second SWK-S 300 topics course.
To declare a Social Welfare Advocacy Minor please contact Colleen Rose