We are glad you are considering graduate studies in social work with Indiana University Bloomington! Social work is a dynamic profession concerned with the changing needs of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and society. The education and training in our MSW program prepares you to be a leader in clinical practice and administration in any social work setting, with a special concentration in Mental Health and Addictions.
IU School of Social Work offers the MSW at 7 different campuses across the state, as well as a 100% online program called MSW Direct. Every campus uses the same admissions requirements, application, and degree requirements, but each delivers the program in a unique way. Our program at IUB offers:
- Hybrid courses – half in the classroom, half on-line
- Case based and problem oriented learning
- Experiential and active learning
- Small classes, high faculty student interaction and engagement
- Student/faculty research opportunities
- The experience of attending IU’s flagship campus, one of the highest ranked and most acclaimed campuses in the world.
The Indiana University School of Social Work is recognized for exceptional graduate education and is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Meet our faculty and explore the dynamic, top-ranked Indiana University Bloomington campus, the flagship campus of IU’s eight campuses statewide. We look forward to seeing you in the program!