Graduation is a very exciting time for all students. It is a very special accomplishment and we want to ensure that students who have met their degree requirements walk across the stage.
Please review the following before completing your graduation intent form:
- All students planning to graduate must submit a graduation application (Please find the Graduation Application link at the end of this page). It is the responsibility of the student to review their Academic Advising Report to determine that all requirements are met.
- BSW Seniors must attend a group advising appointment during the Fall semester. It is the policy of the IUSSW to place a hold on your Spring course registration until you complete this advising appointment. Contact Colleen Rose, email@example.com , for more information.
- Failure to meet the graduation application deadline, 11/16, will prevent your name from being printed in the Commencement and School Programs.
- The name on the student’s official university record will be printed on the diploma. Please check One.IU to verify your PRIMARY name. Please visit Student Central for information on changes to your diploma.
- All graduates in attendance at May or December commencement receive red IU diploma covers during the ceremony. Your diploma will be mailed to your STUDENT HOME ADDRESS (as specified in One.IU.edu) after final grades and completion of degree requirements have been verified—two to three months after graduation. Final transcripts are the official record of the degree. They, and duplicate diplomas, can be ordered from the Office of the Registrar.
- Anticipated Graduation Date: This date is when all of your requirements will be finished INCLUDING YOUR PRACTICUM AND SUMMER COURSES—NOT when you plan to “walk”. All seniors may walk in the May ceremony.
- All communication regarding graduation will be sent to your official IU email address.
You can visit the IUB Commencement website for more information.